Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday, 05.06.08: At this rate, I will cease to exist in 54 days

As I expected, I reverted back to my trend with a morning weigh-in of 183.0#. I'll still take my "starting point" of 186.4#, as a) it's true, and b) it's more motivating. And I can use all the motivation I can find.

Nothing to write home about with my workouts on Monday, but it was as active of a day as I've had in awhile:

  • AM 8K easy - Concept 2 Rower (30:33.4)
  • AM Walk w/ Oslo (21:00). Great to be outside!
  • PM 15M - LifeCycle C9i upright bike 27:54. The calibration on these things crack me up sometimes...
  • PM Weights - quick workout on chest & back (12:00)
  • PM (late) 3M - Precor 5.37 Elliptical "Aerobic Endurance" program (29:09) L10, AHR 128 / MHR 135. I'm enjoying the fact that the Precor elliptical feels great on my foot. It was also nice to return to an old habit of a night workout (started about 9:30), and it was fun to watch the New Orleans Hornets embarrass the San Antonio Spurs 102-84. I really can't stomach the ides of a Lakers-Spurs series - no one to cheer for.
  • Total of 2:00 of activity - well on my way to 7:00 for the week. It's depressing to think that 14:00/week used to be fairly normal, often with 8-10 hours coming from running.

I've been able to continue the daily workouts, but now I just need to establish some consistency with higher activity days. It's so much easier to get that done when there's an event to focus on, but right now that "event" needs to be my return to running. The sooner I can get down to 180#, the sooner I can set the next goal and start focusing on that. One nice thing about being larger is that it takes more calories to live and move, so the early pounds should come off a little easier. I'm not writing down any food restrictions at this point, but I will be eating smarter and living healthier across the board.

So RG had "Track & Field Day" at Lafayette Elementary this morning. Funny. I took my mother-in-law and KG along to watch and had a good time watching a kindergarten version of "track & field." The closest events to track & field would be the sack race (always a classic), the one foot in a swim flipper race (RG had a nice conservative technique that worked well for her), and perhaps the mole race - they used the same "hurdles" the older kids would be using (cones with a foam bar across the top), but they went under the hurdles, you know, like moles. RG enjoyed it, and like everyone was very excited about the popsicles at the end of it. I would have liked to see one actual running race, and maybe a broad jump or something, but hey, they're in kindergarten. But next year, NEXT YEAR, I'm pushing for the 10K for everyone across the board - maybe hold it at the sight of most local epic races: Spangenberg Field at Centaurus High School. I wonder what the 1st Grade girls record is at Lafayette...

No comments: